Agribusiness Portfolio Manager
FSLA JOB CLASS:
Manager of Agribusiness Banking
If working for a company with an empowered group of individuals dedicated to the financial well-being of their customers is appealing to you, look no further than Heartland Bank!
At Heartland Bank, our goal is quality – in our work, in our play and in our people. We value our ability to attract and retain talented professionals, as this is the bottom line for excellent customer service.
Heartland has an immediate opening for an Agribusiness Portfolio Manager located at our Corporate Office in Whitehall, Ohio. In this highly visible role you will have responsibility in both the management and servicing of an Agribusiness portfolio as well as business development opportunities through identification of value-add products and services within the existing portfolio.
A typical day might include the following:
- Promote the growth and development of agribusiness portfolio by working with customers and prospects to maintain acceptable portfolio administration and management
- Coordinate introductions and sales activities across segments to provide additional opportunities within the assigned agribusiness portfolio. This includes identification and cross selling of other Heartland Bank products and services that may add value to the existing agribusiness portfolio.
- Coordinate activities with the assigned Loan Processor in order to develop and maintain the assigned portfolio and provide superior service to customers and prospects
- Coordinate portfolio management and monitor credit quality with the Agribusiness Bankers.
- Facilitate the acquisition all of the documentation and related information needed in order to properly review and decision loan renewals up to the threshold amount.
- Prepare accurate and concise loan analysis in form and content as required by management which is then recommended to the proper level of authority for review and decision making
- Document, close and monitor all approved loans utilizing internal and external resources within the guidelines, policies and procedures as established
- Coordinate proper portfolio management activities of the assigned portfolio which shall include required annual reviews, maintain customer credit data, obtaining updated customer information, collection activities, servicing activities, and other such activities as assigned by management
- Assist with coordination and compliance of Heartland Ag partners, including, but not limited to, Farmer Mac, UDSA. Farm Service Agency
- Excel in customer service and external meaningful conversations in the field
- Assist and participate in community and business development activities
THIS ROLE MIGHT BE THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You Live Our Values. You demonstrate Heartland’s shared values and do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- You Achieve Results. You meet and exceed goals through teamwork. You grow and apply job knowledge and have focused execution.
- You Coach and Lead. You have strong communication. You are focused on performance development and foster positive relationships and trust.
- You Hustle. You possess a driven work ethic to succeed and respect focused collaboration.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- 1-3 years of Agricultural Banking experience including the extension of credit
- Agricultural background, education or similar agricultural experience
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Credit and Underwriting programs
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Climate controlled office environment with periodic travel via automobile
- Farm setting, farm office, indoors/outdoors. Exposure to all weather elements, odors and elements of a farm setting.
- Trade shows, conferences, other agricultural community activities such as fairs
- Sitting (1/3-2/3 of the time)
- Lifting (<1/3 of the time)
- Standing (1/3-2/3 of the time)
- Vision (up close and distance >2/3 of the time)
- Hearing (in person and over telephone 1/3 of the time)
- Speaking (in person and over telephone 1/3 of the time)
- Driving and navigating to farm locations as needed (<1/3 of the time).
- Operating a computer, smart phone and other devices as needed. ((1/3-2/3 of the time).
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT WORKING AT HEARTLAND?
- Competitive compensation package
- Upward Mobility
- Benefits package available on start date that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) up to 4% of salary match
- Company-paid holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- On-site Fitness Center
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Checking and Savings Accounts
- Mortgage Discount Program
- Heartland Community Foundation, Employee Financial Assistance Program
Heartland Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.