FSLA JOB CLASS:
If working for a company with an empowered group of individuals dedicated to the financial well-being of their customers is appealing to you, look no further than Heartland Bank!
At Heartland Bank, our goal is quality – in our work, in our play and in our people. We value our ability to attract and retain talented professionals, as this is the bottom line for excellent customer service.
Heartland is growing again and has an immediate opening for a Branch Manager at our newest location, Delaware in Delaware, Ohio. In this highly visible role, a typical day might include the following:
- Develop and grow customer relationships through internal and external sales initiatives and prospecting using industry and Heartland Bank product knowledge.
- Promote achievement of sales initiatives through the coaching of all retail staff members on effective cross-selling and referrals.
- Perform transactions which include, but are not limited to, processing customer transactions, vault responsibilities, providing appropriate authorizations, opening and closing accounts, performing maintenance of all consumer products, and handing lending requests, while following established policies and procedures.
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to communicate information such as employee recognition, branch focuses and goals, operational changes, and market information.
- Maintain a high level of operational and compliance standards throughout the branch and lead efforts to improve where necessary.
- Collaborate with and refer opportunities to various individuals throughout the institution for services such as investments, mortgage lending, commercial lending and cash management.
- Manage challenging situations with customers while providing viable resolutions, information, or additional options as appropriate.
- Supervise and develop staff through writing and conducting effective performance reviews, providing coaching, cross-training, and counseling where necessary, and collaborating in the hiring and retention of staff.
- Handle and coordinate all administrative reporting including, but not limited to overdraft exceptions, monthly audits, relationship assurance forms, sales performance reporting, and loan applications.
- Conduct business prospecting efforts and sales calls on a weekly basis.
- Attend meetings and training sessions to enhance skill sets and effectively communicate pertinent information to branch staff.
- Ensure entire staff follows established security procedures, and that customer information is always safeguarded.
- Be available as a contact and on call for police, branch security and ATM maintenance.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to attendance and punctuality.
- Participate in bank sponsored community events and CRA initiatives.
THIS ROLE MIGHT BE THE RIGHT FIT FOR YOU IF:
- You Live Our Values. You demonstrate Heartland’s shared values and do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- You Achieve Results. You meet and exceed goals through teamwork. You grow and apply job knowledge and have focused execution.
- You Coach and Lead. You have strong communication. You are focused on performance development and foster positive relationships and trust.
- You Hustle. You possess a driven work ethic to succeed and respect focused collaboration.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years retail banking experience.
- Minimum 2 years Consumer loan experience including entire process from accepting application through loan closing.
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles.
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Suite including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Fiserv products
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Climate controlled office environment; Periodic travel between various branches and to local businesses. Physical Demands include:
- Vision (up close and distance >2/3 of the time)
- Hearing (in person and via telephone)
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch and Crawl (<1/3 of the time)
- Stand, Sit and Walk (1/3-2/3 of the time)
- Speak and Listen to internal and external clients (>2/3 of the time)
- Typing (1/3-2/3 of the time)
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT WORKING AT HEARTLAND?
- Competitive compensation package
- Upward Mobility
- Benefits package available on start date that includes Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) up to 4% of salary match
- Company-paid holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- On-site Fitness Center
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free Checking and Savings Accounts
- Mortgage Discount Program
- Heartland Community Foundation, Employee Financial Assistance Program
Heartland Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.