If working for a company with an empowered group of individuals dedicated to the financial well-being of their customers is appealing to you, look no further than TransCounty Title / Heartland Bank!
At TCT, our goal is quality – in our work, in our play and in our people. We value our ability to attract and retain talented professionals, as this is the bottom line for excellent customer service. We know our goals are auspicious and we wouldn't have it any other way!
TCT has an immediate opening for an Escrow Officer located at our Gahanna Branch located in Gahanna, Ohio. In this important role, you will process and service escrow closings, managing steps needed to transfer the title of a property pursuant to the conditions of the real estate contract and lender instructions, executing all closing documents necessary.
A typical day might include the following:
- Know and understand the concepts, practices and procedures within the escrow/title industry
- Ability to build strong partnerships with investors, lenders, realtors, attorneys, etc.
- Executes unparalleled customer service on a daily basis
- Aptitude to balance workload while still providing exemplary customer service and maintaining client confidentiality
- Review Title Commitment to determine exceptions which much be cleared prior to close and/or determine documentation necessary to waive exceptions
- Request documents necessary to close, i.e. prior policies, Payoffs of mortgages or liens, Deed(s), Survey, LLC documents, Trust, hazard insurance, Death Certificate, Affidavit, etc.
- Execute, obtain and organize all necessary documents needed to complete a closing
- Interpret and prepare Closing Disclosures/Settlement Statements based on real estate contracts and lender loan closing instructions, having an understanding of calculating tax pro rations, payoffs, per diems and interest
- Knowledge and understanding of lender documents and required recordings
- Quality check all documents following closing for accuracy
- Secure any payments due from buyer/seller/lender/broker, in order to balance and disburse funds appropriately after all funds from all parties have been received
- Maintain follow-up procedures for any transaction requiring completion of items following close
- Act as liaison between parties, communicating efficiently and effectively
- May assign work to Escrow Processor
This job might be the right fit for you if:
- You Live Our Values. You demonstrate Heartland’s shared values and do the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- You Achieve Results. You meet and exceed goals through teamwork. You grow and apply job knowledge and have focused execution.
- You Coach and Lead. You have strong communication, you are focused on performance development and foster positive relationships and trust.
- You Hustle. You possess a driven work ethic to succeed and respect focused collaboration.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one year of escrow processing
- Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Internet Explorer, Escrow Software
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- the work environment is climate controlled
- the physical demands of the job, include:
- Vision (up close and distance >2/3 of the time)
- Hearing (in person and via telephone, >2/3 of the time)
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch and Crawl (<1/3 of the time)
- Stand, Sit and Walk (1/3-2/3 of the time)
- Speak and Listen to internal and external clients (>2/3 of the time)
- Typing (1/3-2/3 of the time)
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT WORKING AT TCT/HEARTLAND?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) up to 4% of salary match
- Company-paid holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free Checking and Savings Accounts
- Mortgage Discount Program
TransCounty Title / Heartland Bank is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.