Job Title: Production Manager
Reports to: Director of Production and Logistics
Description Revised Date: 1/4/2021
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of production, secondary operations, packaging, documentation, continuous improvement and other duties associated with production at Tarrier Foods. All work must be completed in accordance with all requirements for manufacturing of food per SQF procedures and company policies. The production manager will facilitate communications with team members and control process flow, serve as a primary point of contact for issue resolution, assist leadership in various functions, support operations to achieve departmental goals and coordinate with other production teams throughout the plant.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Health and Safety of the workforce.
- Carrying out and attaining the mission and goals of the production room managed.
- Will maintain and enforce all food safety standards in compliance with SQF policies and procedures.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, employee retention and development, along with performance.
- Personal ongoing self-development and personal growth.
- Plan staffing levels for production room. (employing only the appropriate number of employees).
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in the production room in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staffing, including onboarding of new employees.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability, along with providing feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity in your respected department.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall mission, vision, guiding principles and values of the organization.
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides a framework to encourage employee to contribute, along with goal setting, feedback, and performance planning.
- Provide performance feedback through employee recognition and disciplinary action when necessary
- Maintain work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, absentee coverage and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, email, one on one meetings, and interpersonal communication.
- Manage the overall production room operations and activities.
- Plan and implement systems that efficiently and effectively fulfill the department goals, and mission.
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and achieve departmental productivity and quality goals.
- Plan, evaluate and improve efficiencies of processes and procedures to enhance safety, quality, speed, and output.
- Make decisions that are accountable, justifiable, defensible and financially responsible, in accordance to company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor room production and inventories.
- Monitor and review all data, activity reports, spreadsheets, and inventories to measure departments productivity, goals, and overall effectiveness.
- Communicating regularly with all other department managers.
- Ensuring that all other duties and responsibilities as assigned are completed in a timely matter.
- Establish and maintain a safe working environment for all employees
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
- Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
- Oversee all department activities and coach employees as needed
- Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance as needed
- Monitoring production output daily according to company standards and goals
- Monitor and reconcile all inventory discrepancies daily/weekly before leaving the facility
- Submit reports on performance and progress of goals achieved
- Identify any issues concerning safety, inefficiency of equipment and suggest improvements to be made.
- Conduct daily/weekly departmental meetings with employees
- Train new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow all company procedures
- Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards pertaining to SQF policies and all other procedures
- Will be required to manage in other areas of the facility, as assigned
- Will enforce and ensure that all company policies and procedures are followed by all employees, even if employee doesn’t directly report to you
· A minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Strong writing verbal communication skills with demonstrated leadership experience and ability.
· Strong and proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, etc.).
· Ability to autonomously investigate and analyze raw data, and extrapolate conclusions is required.
· Knowledge of manufacturing operations. Manufacturing experience preferred.
· Leadership ability and the ability to motivate employees.
· Must be able to work on multiple projects/tasks. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
· Ability to work overtime- over (8) hours a day, 40 hours a week and/or weekends to support business requirements.
· Performs other related duties, to support business requirements and company needs.